WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HAWK BASEBALL IS BORN!
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:32 pm 

Any chance of getting a full trap infield model around 11.5"

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:59 pm 

Wake's glove is on the works, and believe me, you woldn't be dissapointed with the quality of our gloves. And flaco yes we can do everything you'd like, just send me a pic of what exactly you need and will do it. I can embroider images or even team logos. God bless.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:09 pm 

Hey guys! Just wanted to show you our pics of a new line in Hawk Baseball that'll be called "Heritage", but suggestions are welcome. Is a dark brown color line and for starters I wanted to make a solid web, a pro H and something very similar to the trap eze of the Pro12, please let me know what you think.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m61 ... 48b8d1.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m61 ... 1d5d72.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m61 ... 49b741.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m61 ... 994f93.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m61 ... da4010.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m61 ... 6dd89c.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m61 ... 9d4e7a.jpg

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 pm 

I've been following this thread since the beginning as I am interested in Mexican gloves.
I like the look/color of this Heritage series, especially like the "Hecho en Mexico" in the palm.
Not a big fan of the large "Pro Glove", especially on both sides of the glove.
Solo mi opinion...Buena Suerte!

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:07 pm 

I really appreciate that you've been following the making of my brand. The gloves in this color look awesome and the leather is great. We wanted to go with the "pro glove" stamping on both sides to check how it looks, is not bad in my opinion, only a bit different. The idea that I had with this glove line is as name says, celebrate the heritage of baseball and go a little bit back to the basics. Nowadays every major brand talks about improvements and technological developments in a ballglove, but, why not keep a little bit of "old feel" on a glove?

As always I thank you for the feedback wich is extremely important in our company. Su opinion es muy importante. Hope to receive an order from you for a Hawk Baseball glove.

God bless

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 pm 

really digging the logo on the finger.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:42 pm 

I have pretty much the same feelings as vms21 - the gloves look awesome. The only thing negative that I would mention is the PRO GLOVE stamping all over. I could definitely do without that. But I'll be placing an order for a Hawk glove as soon as all the kinks get worked out!

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:02 am 

Question: Is it any cheaper to ship within Mexico? Say like Tijuana or Ensenada, Baja California?

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:07 am 

Absolutely! Within Mexico is around $13 and free if the order is for 2 or more gloves!

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:01 am 

These look nice. I like the palm stamp but I think it might look better if it were bigger. What size is the Trap-Eze?

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:42 am 

AS for the stamps "pro glove" they can be removed, this gloves came stamped like that cause they're stock gloves. Every custom would not be stamped pro glove even when they're for pro use.

I will work to get the "made in Mexico" stamp bigger or maybe put that stamp outside, pinky side and the hawk from our logo embossed in the palm.

The trap eze glove is 11.25 but feels like an 11".

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:09 am 

Clearly, all this is just my opinion, but here are my thoughts:

First off, I love the color. It sort of reminds me of the Nokona buckskin. I also like the finger embroidery "Hawk." For the button lap, while I like the embroidered logo, but -- and I don't know why I feel this way -- I'd like it better if it was embroidered on a rectangle of leather (same or contrasting color) and then sewn on as a patch. Putting it right on the glove makes me think of $19 gloves at Walmart.

While I think "Hecho en Mexico" is a something to celebrate, I don't like the stamp in the palm. It still sort of looks like a stamp you might see on the underside of a coffee table at Pier 1 and its location on the palm makes it look like the guy making it just didn't give a darn about where he put it. Either get a larger stamp incorporating the Hawk logo with "Hecho en Mexico" or move this stamp to the outside of the thumb or pinky.

Finally, I am in general against the NASCAR look of gloves. So if it were me, on the back side of the glove, I'd only have the wrist patch, the finger embroidery, and the Hech En Mexico (If you could find a stamp that read "Hecho en Mexico" in one line, it might fit better on the outside of the pinky). On the palm side, on the pinky I'd put the model number above the finger lace and the size (12.25 inch) below it.

The lack of meaningless crap like "Sure Trap Pocket" "Professional Model" "Grip Tight Pocket" "Hold Tite Strap" "Deep Well Pocket" "Pro Stock" is one of the things I love about Mexican gloves. Good Luck!

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:51 pm 

We are still in the do and learn mode, that's why I first come with my products here and then make the adjustments. With the feedback from Rous I've think in something like the leather patch for the logo but was thinking putting it upside down, the furry part of the leather pointing to the outside and there embroider the logo. I am too on the keeping the glove as clean as possible so you're not going to see any phrases or any more lettering than necessary.

Will look to put the "hecho en mexico" stamp smaller or not putting it at all, that's something you can print in a separate label.

Thank you again guys and please keep those opinions coming!

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:53 pm 

I personally like the "Hecho en Mexico" stamp but I have roots in Mexico so that may be why. If you can do a Trap-Eze in true 11.25"-11.5" I'm down

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:57 pm 

I actually have 3 on production, and the colors are all black, all tan, and a camel with black or brown lacing, haven't decided on that one yet. What other color combos you think would look cool on a trap eze? And as for the size is hard to get a "true" sizing, cause rawlings and wilson have even different measures in their gloves. I think I can solve that with the sizing guide in the japanese sites. What do you think?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next