WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trying to build my own brand...
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:27 pm 

I am not sure why some of you guys are so critical of Mexican laces.

My gamer Rolin arrived stiff, broke in quick, and has retained its shape.

The laces have barely stretched at all after a season of use.

Quite frankly, I have found that Tanners laces (black, red, maroon, etc.) stretch quite a bit.

I recently relaced a Rawlings catchers mitt that had gray laces that fell apart in less than one season.

My comments are specific to Rolin gloves, since they are the only Mexican gloves that I have used.

The Rolin laces are wider and thinner than those used by other manufacturers, but the Rolin laces have proven to be strong and durable.

JC

Rolin Dealer/Distributor

http://www.gloveguy.us

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 pm 

JC: Rolin gloves are a great choice but I don't like the pliability of the laces. They may last longer but most of us are use to "stiff" smaller laces. That's my view anyway. You sell a great glove at a very reasonable price.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:18 am 

I thank you all for your comments about the progress of my brand. I have to begin answering about the stiffnes of the leather. The tan glove has a very nice firm and thick leather, my nephew is having a hard time trying to close the glove in this first week with it. The white glove comes with a softer leather but it's still stiff enough to take some time to break it in completely. I have asked the factory to give the leather a more traditional treatment, I mean, not to oil the leather, no pounding in the factory when the glove is finished.

As for the laces I can tell you that I've been trying to make the makers of the lace to try something a little thicker, they refuse to do so but here in Oaxaca we have people that makes "huaraches" (a type of slippers made of leather) and they have agreed to make some laces for me, the first sample was way too thick so I asked them to slim it down a little bit. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you guys posted on everything 'cause fortunately orders are starting to come! God bless you all!

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:32 pm 

towson80 wrote:
JC: Rolin gloves are a great choice but I don't like the pliability of the laces. They may last longer but most of us are use to "stiff" smaller laces. That's my view anyway. You sell a great glove at a very reasonable price.

Agreed. Rolin gloves are very nice at an even nicer price :)

Molina, as soon as you get some of those orders in, can you post some pictures of those on this forum please?

Post subject: Re: HAWK BASEBALL IS BORN!
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 am 

Hey guys I'll thank you if you check out the pics of my recent orders!

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:01 pm 

Molina, those gloves look pretty good!
Leather looks nice and the stitching looks like someone took a little extra time. I really like the color combo of the first glove, especially the design/layout of the fingers.
One thing though, with the outfielder's glove, the Hawk symbol looks out of place and awkward. It might be just me, but I'd like the label to be centered and parallel to the white lace directly below it.
How much are you selling them for? How long to have a glove built?
Great job so far, and congratulations on starting this brand up!
Best of luck!

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:21 am 

Thank you for your comments! Yes I did realized that the patch looked awkward that way but trust me, we're trying to reduce the size of thr logo and looking to get rid of the big red rectangle it's placed on. And as for turnaround times we're asking 3-5 weeks for delivery but this two came out of production about 10 days after ordered. Asking price is $95 plus $30 shipping. I'm tryin' to find a cheaper way to ship. I'll post a pic later of leather colors available.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:03 pm 

Sounds like you got a plan!

You're definitely going to have to get that shipping down. How does this leather compare to the Rolin gloves? I bought my first Rolin glove this summer, and based on this one experience, I'm a customer for life. You're going to have get the quality of the leather to be just as good for your business to succeed. Definitely look into the Horween leather distributor, because with that quality of leather and the color options you are offering, your business will stand out.

How stiff are your gloves? I like them to be like a rock so I can take my time and break it in the old fashioned way. Is the sizing of your gloves pretty true?

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:17 pm 

As for the leather we are using in our gloves I have to say that it is really close to the leather used on the Rolin Gloves. There are some things that I have found out as for that line of mexican made gloves wich I might not disclose right now. The leather is stiff, pretty stiff for my liking that as you do, I like to take my time getting my glove in shape. I have yet to receive the feedback on the breaking-in period with my first costumers. What I can say is that most of the leather available in Mexico is the same one everyone uses.

And as for the Horween leather company I have already received the samples from them so maybe we'll have a Horween line sometime next year if everything goes as planned. We're learning as we advance and for me is very important to have a lot of points of view from the people who really likes a baseball glove.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:25 pm 
Site Administrator

Asking price is $95 plus $30 shipping. I'm tryin' to find a cheaper way to ship.

I know when I ship gloves to Mexico, it runs around $27.00 for a medium flat rate box (1 glove)

Any issue with customs?

http://www.glove-works.com
Your source for Professional Baseball Glove/Mitt relacing, restoration
and Glove sales.

"Home of "the Works"
"It's a whole nutha level"

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 pm 

No no problems with customs. I know shipping from the States to Mexico is different than the other way around. Mexpost (Which I use) has a price of $30, DHL charges MXN$600 (US$45) for the 1st kg (around 2 pounds) and the same with fedex. They don't offer a flat rate box wich could be very helpful for me.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:50 pm 

speedracer11 wrote:
Sounds like you got a plan!

You're definitely going to have to get that shipping down. How does this leather compare to the Rolin gloves? I bought my first Rolin glove this summer, and based on this one experience, I'm a customer for life. You're going to have get the quality of the leather to be just as good for your business to succeed. Definitely look into the Horween leather distributor, because with that quality of leather and the color options you are offering, your business will stand out.

How stiff are your gloves? I like them to be like a rock so I can take my time and break it in the old fashioned way. Is the sizing of your gloves pretty true?

Sorry I didn't replied about the size. Actually we do our best to keep true to sizing, althoug is hard to do so because if you loke rawlings gloves, sizing is different, same with Wilson, and so on. But I can say that size is according to what you may request.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:52 pm 
Silver Slugger

Do you plan on setting up a website in the near future?

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:06 pm 

Sorry that I didn't reply earlier. Yes we'll set up a site in the future, a friend is already working in what would be a glove simulation but is a lot of work. For now you can check some of our gloves with the former name at www.ivannashop.ecrater.com

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:58 am 

Did Wake ever get his sample? I'm eagerly awaiting his thoughts. The gloves look great and the price is terrific, so I'm seriously considering one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next