WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Former D-1 Player's Little Beauties
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:36 pm 

Really psyched to showcase my small but important assortment. All have a special place in time and my heart.

Former Division I left-handed outfielder - I was never considered a glove "whore" per say. What I focused on was weight, lace quality, and comfort when making the three finger pinky shift which is the only method ANY outfielder should ever use. The "three in the pink" shift elongates the glove, creates a funnel shape perfect for ground ball scooping, and makes the deepest pocket possible. Brand was irrelevant to me. I didn't have a lot of money so I took what I could get if my JUCO or university had a good direct sale program. Sometimes our professional friends would drop by over the winter and hook us up which was cool.

First up is my Rawlings GG601. This was actually passed on to me AFTER my college days. I used this in MSBL games. I am not a fan of the closed Fastback or Trap-Eze. This is a dated pattern and uses a ton of material which adds excess weight - not ideal for maximizing mobility as an outfielder but the leather was quite nice and broke in well. I was a total sucker for the gold patches and oval R indent. I realize this isn't exclusive or high priced but it's cool nonetheless and the GG series hasn't been as cool since this edition. The gold commemorated the 50th Anniversary of the Gold Gold Award which was in 2007.

Second is one of the pro hand-me-downs I previously mentioned. I was an outfielder but always had pitching aspirations. Nothing would make a bigger statement on the mound than a two-tone gray Pro Preffered kip back with black palm and silver foil printing. I don't even think that's legal so not sure who I was kidding but you can't tell me this isn't sick. :roll:

And last is my baby (Pro Stock KP92) I used during my university seasons. The heel pad thickness is perfect - no pros like any heel felt at all and this has the most minimal I've seen. Coolest and most underrated feature is the DriLex® Wrist Lining. It's just a pressed neoprene/foam cut out but it does feel good on the back of your hand and doesn't get ashy and nasty like your typical fiber wrist backs.

THANKS FOR VIEWING AND GLAD TO BE ON THIS FORUM!

Post subject: Re: Former D-1 Player's Little Beauties
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:50 pm 

Three really cool gloves and great narrative to boot. Heck, if you are new to the forum, I am really impressed with the quality of the photos you posted. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject: Re: Former D-1 Player's Little Beauties
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:48 am 

Nice pics and nice gloves!
F