WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: AMR 34
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:22 pm 

Just ordered the AMR34 :) Cant wait to get it, this will be my first akadema glove.

Post subject: Re: AMR 34
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:05 pm 

Just got it in today. This is my first expensive glove that isnt a first base mitt. This thing is stiff but from seeing how my friends akadema broke in i dont think itll be long. I see what people mean by saying the hand opening is extremely tight, but that doesnt bother me. I just love this glove and I would recommend it to anyone whos looking for an Akadema, and the precision series is definately better than the torino series.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:40 pm 

I love my Akadema Reptilian Claw, which I believe is a Precision Series glove too. Is it better than the Patriot Series?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 am 

Sorry, I havent gotten to try the patriot series out yet. I was debating between the precision series and patriot series, and went with the precision because it is their most popular glove line and they offer more gloves in this series and if i got a custom glove itd be in this leather so id rather try this out then the patriot series.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:40 pm 

This hand opening is also very tight and uncomfortable, does anyone have any tips for loosening it up?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:33 pm 
Gold Glover

Dukcaln wrote:
This hand opening is also very tight and uncomfortable, does anyone have any tips for loosening it up?

Try pouring hot water over the lining and hand opening. Then stick your hand in and play some catch and it should stretch to fit your hand. if your not game to use water (I wouldn't blame you) just keep sticking your hand in there and it should stretch out eventually.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:40 am 

Thank you. I thought of that, but am kinda nervous to try that. Would dipping my hand in hot water then putting my hand in the glove work the same way?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:25 am 

Another thing you can do to open up the wrist opening is to work some of the tag end of the heel lacing to the span at the wrist opening. You can do this on both sides of the wrist opening.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:05 pm 

adam2434 wrote:
Another thing you can do to open up the wrist opening is to work some of the tag end of the heel lacing to the span at the wrist opening. You can do this on both sides of the wrist opening.

Thank you, but what do you mean by the tag end of the heel lacing?

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:21 am 

In the photo below, the tag end is labeled "1" (I made up the phrase "tag end"). To open up the hand opening a bit, you can work some of that tag end lace to the span labeled "2". This can be done on both sides of the hand opening. Make sense?

Conversely, as a glove breaks in, the lace will stretch in "2", and the reverse process can be used to tighten up the hand opening a bit.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:48 am 

Another couple points:

Some gloves are laced with a tag end on only one side. In this case, if the tag end is long enough, you can use it to open up both sides of the hand opening by working some of it across the heel spirals at the hand opening to create some slack at the opposite side.

In all cases, if the tag end is not very long, you won't be able to open up the hand opening very much. If this is the case, you might be able to manually stretch the laces in span "2" by pulling the heel and hand opening on each side.

You might also be able to open up the hand opening a bit by loosening the wrist strap laces, pulling the wrist strap to open it up, then re-tying the lace.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:51 am 

Ok, thank you. ill try that.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 am 

Cam someone post some photos from the Akedema AMR34, cause the stock pics are not very realistic! I'd apreciate it a lot , thnx , lewis

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:48 am 
Gold Glover

This is the one I had a few years ago and really liked it. One of the mistakes I have made getting rid of it but I was able to pick up te Rawlings Grey Eagle which is an awesome glove that would be extremely hard to part with.

Akadema AMR34

Rawlings Grey Eagle