WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Re: 11.75" to 12" for Softball Infield???
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:38 pm 

g13baseball wrote:
Hate to revive an old thread,

nothing wrong with reviving an old thread! When I play softball I usually use my PRO200 H-web at SS. People have given me plenty of 'milk' for how small it is, especially if I boot a ball, but its all about what makes you comfortable and confident. My Morton 12TCB also got significant playing time at SS this year...made me feel old, but it worked great. Still only 12".

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 pm 

Oh, and nice looking glove by the way. I'm going to have to look into those. Although my 'want list' is 4 gloves deep right now, so it will have to get in line.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm 
Gold Glover

thirdbase24 wrote:
Oh, and nice looking glove by the way. I'm going to have to look into those. Although my 'want list' is 4 gloves deep right now, so it will have to get in line.

Only 4!? I swear i add at least 2 everytime i look at this forum!

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 pm 

lindz1817 wrote:
thirdbase24 wrote:

Only 4!? I swear i add at least 2 everytime i look at this forum!

haha - we shouldn't hijack this thread with 'want' items, but i'll at least justify it - when I say 'want', I mean seriously, I'm going to own them. Its just a matter of when funds are available. But if I loosen the meaning of the term want, then yeah...I think I remember that horribly ugly green glove in the 'ugly glove' thread that I DIDNT want. But that's about it...

what-s-the-ugliest-glove-you-own-t3597.html?style=1

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:57 pm 

thirdbase24 wrote:

Thank you. They don't have a website, unfortunately. The owner is a former LMB (mexican equivalent of MLB) that works in my league. Good quality overall, very nice leather. I originally ordered it with a brown H-web, but they made it with the blonde one. I am thankful for that, because it looks sweet this way. I only use this glove for softball. I can't stand big gloves for baseball (to me, more than 11.5" is huge).

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:23 am 
Gold Glover

My favorite gloves for softball infield are:

Rawlings PRO-RV23B
Rawlings PRO200-6K

Softball Outfield I used a

Rawlings PRO-TB for years and now finally replaced it about a year ago with a
Rawlings PROS302B Greay Eagle.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:56 am 

Another thing to consider is what level of softball you play. Reason I say that if you play at the higher levels the ground balls/liners are ridiculous. I primarily play SS and 3b . At the higher levels ive found switching to a 12.25"-12.5" helped far more than it hurt. Usually have time to get rid of the ball with as hard as they are being hit. Sure if I played on perfectly groomed fields maybe id consider going a tad smaller but most softball fields arent gonna give you true hops a lot of the time. Im gonna be placing an order for a custom wilson 1781 to use this year

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:00 pm 

Think a 12" PRO200 or PRO1000 with a basket web would make a good slow pitch IF glove?

I'm thinking that since the basket web gives and stretches, it will allow the pocket to deepen a bit for a softball.

Also, would a 12" glove like the above eventually form and deepen to the point that it would totally enclose a softball?

Never broken in a 12" baseball glove for softball, so not sure what to expect.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:06 pm 

Have to let one of the SB guys answer the first part of your question, but regarding the second part, it's more a matter of the pattern and web combo than it is about the overall length of the glove that will dictate how deep it gets.
For instance, a 12" NP5 I-web will measure a large 12.25", but will still play fairly flat and shallow because of the pattern and web. Conversely, a 12.25" RV23 hinged SP will play nice and deep... two BB IF gloves with similar overall length, but play pretty differently due to differences in the pattern and web.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:47 pm 

I was referring specifically to a 12" PRO200 or PRO1000 with a basket web, so a relatively deep pattern with a web that becomes deeper at it stretches.